The passion, experience and skill of our partners, associates, and consultants create and drive the focus of our firm. As a business law firm, we focus on Intellectual Property Law, Privacy Law, Artificial Intelligence and Tech Law, Corporate and Commercial Law, Energy Law, Employment Law, Land Law, Regulatory Compliance, Commercial Arbitration, Conflict Management, General Dispute Resolution and Litigation, among others.
A. CORPORATE, COMMERCIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
Our firm renders dedicated legal services in all aspects of the law relating to commercial transactions, corporate makeup, protection of intellectual rights and dispute resolution (arbitration and litigation). We have long experiences in;
- Artificial Intelligence and Tech Law
- Entertainment and Sports Law
- Banking and Investment
- Project Financing
- Concession Management
- Taxation, Tax Holidays and Waivers
- Immigration Law
- Capital Importation and Repatriation of funds
- Technology Acquisition and Registration
- Anti-trust/Competition law
- Consumer Protection law
- Media and Cyber Law
- Employment, Compensation and Retirement
- Commercial Contracts
- Importation and Exportation advisory
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain Law Advisory
- Sale of Goods and International Trade
- Insurance, Insolvency and Winding up Practises
- Debt Recovery Practises
- Regulatory Compliance in with appropriate government agencies; Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON),Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS), States Inland Revenue Services, Local Government Authorities (LGAs), National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP), National Pension Commission (NPC), State Land Registries and land Departments of Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, Industrial Training Fund (ITF), National Lottery Commission (NLC), National Copyright Commission (NCC), Trademarks, Patents And Designs Registry, Federal Ministry of Trade And Investment, Ministry of Mines and Steel, The Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS), National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC),National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Market Operations Department of Transmission Company of Nigeria, Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), Federal Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN), Nigerian Deposit Insurance Commission, Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA), Nigerian Communication Commission, Special Control Unit Against Money Laundry (SCUML), National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA), Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Council (FCCPC), Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria, and lots of other professional bodies and government Ministries, Departments and Agencies in Nigeria.
Our firm acts as Corporate Secretary/Legal Adviser to numerous corporate entities, societies, institutions and socio-cultural groups. We offer complete business law support tailored to suit your businesses in Nigeria and Africa.
B. ENERGY LAW
The firm has an enviable energy law team chaired by one of its consultants, Nigeria’s leading energy law authority. The firm’s faculty has assisted several national and multinational companies with power and energy-related transactions from Generation to Transmission and Distribution. It has extensively provided services for the government of Nigeria and its energy corporation in different capacities before, during and after the power sector reforms in Nigeria. We are very experienced in power industry transactions, regulations and compliances, and we have a good relationship with key industry stakeholders and actors.
C. ARBITRATION AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
A healthy business environment is created and assured with quick and reliable dispute resolution mechanisms. Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation and Conflict Management are our vital tools to ensure ease of doing business and protecting our clients. We have sound and experienced arbitrators admitted to practice in multiple jurisdictions. Our partners have experience and international recognition in the well-sought areas of arbitration and conflict management. We have consulted for businesses and individuals in this area and researched and published works on this area too.
Litigation (courtroom dispute resolution) is always a last resort in serving businesses. It is a bar of gold where alternative dispute resolution mechanisms fail or are unproductive. To ensure the all-around protection of our clients, we have highly skilled and experienced courtroom barristers. We represent clients in all the courts in Nigeria, from the lower courts to the superior courts. We offer Case Reviews, Legal Opinions, action plans to our clients, and Litigation Impact Assessments.